The Pursuit of a Life of Praise

In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth, humility and righteousness; let your right hand display awesome deeds. Let your sharp arrows pierce the hearts of the king's enemies; let the nations fall beneath your feet. Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. ~ Psa 45:4-7

12.23.2005

sweet surrender

Today is my very last day at work. I am sitting here, right now, actually. There is nothing to be done. I have cleaned out every nook and cranny. I have organized every file that I needed. I have even turned in my key, so there is nothing left to do but sit here and blog about it. Weird how overwhelmingly peaceful I feel about it. God is so good! Just this morning I was crying with my friend about how terribly awful I feel that I wasn't able to purchase everyone all the presents that I wish that I could have. However, I just recieved a call from my ingenious friend, Gina, about precious, heartfelt, and cheap presents to give birthed out of her God-given, creative talents and I am reminded (ONCE AGAIN) just how God takes care of everything. Absolutely everything! He has quieted my soul and given my weary heart rest with His overwhelming peace that transcends all understanding. How selfish of me to be thinking about how much it pains me to want to give presents to others! I have not leaned on Jesus through this. There has been no offering! No wonder I haven't seen a job offer, God is still trying to teach me! I trust you Lord, my hope is in you alone, therefore, my hope is sure! You are good God and I am all yours! Have your way with me!

2 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Elise said...

Jen~
Thank you so much for the photo of you and Caleb...what a precious family. It's priceless and I will treasure it.
It's kind of funny to think how God can work in your soul through things such as giving Christmas gifts. He wants us to trust Him with everything and He's really showing you that right now. I really believe though that as He is teaching you to completely depend on Him, He is also teaching others (like me) through you. So thanks, I guess, for being faithful. By being a spectator of your life, I just happen to have the easier way right now cuz I'm definitely learning a lot. I love love love getting to be a part of your life, especially right now as you overcome these challenges and grow to be the woman of God you were designed to be. I love you!

 
At 4:45 PM, Blogger Jen said...

You are my precious, precious friend, I am leaning so heavily on the encouragement of my friends right now and you should know that you are giving me a healthy dose through just being who God made you to be. I am so glad that you like the photo. Gina was so good to me to suggest that as a gift for my friends and family. I love you and I can't wait until we have some serious Elise-Jen time! I'm counting down the moments . . .

 

Post a Comment

<< Home