The Pursuit of a Life of Praise

In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth, humility and righteousness; let your right hand display awesome deeds. Let your sharp arrows pierce the hearts of the king's enemies; let the nations fall beneath your feet. Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. ~ Psa 45:4-7

12.13.2005

My Daddy!

I wish that I had a picture of my dad to post on here just so you could see his honest smile! My dad is phenomenal! No person could argue with me that they have a better earthly father than I do. I won't believe you, not a single word that you say. My dad is so fun and full of love. He gives and gives and gives even if you were to slap him in the face, he would still do anything for you. He has the biggest heart! He is the greatest Papa ever! He was made to be a grandfather. It is such a treasure of my heart to see him and Caleb play. Don't get me wrong, they get on my nerves, too! They antagonize each other like the dickens! But, they are buddies. Caleb won't even let me call him "Buddy" because he always says, "I'm Papa's little buddy!" My dad always tells me about his favorite memory of praying with Caleb. I was going through a rough day and I asked the boys to pray for me before I headed out, so when they started to pray Dad lead first and then it was Caleb's turn. This is what he prayed, " . . . And God bless my Papa, who calls me little buddy . . ." Dad got a kick out of it and retells that story all the time! He just lights up talking about that kid. My Dad and I are so close and I am so blessed by this. We talk about Jesus all the time and we talk about what God is doing in our lives. It's amazing to be able to have that connection with your family. My family for the longest time, I thought, didn't understand my relationship with God and my desire to constantly be at church. But, this year, I have really gotten the opportunity to develop that Godly relationship with my dad and it's been awesome! Thank you Jesus for my Daddy!

1 Comments:

At 10:26 PM, Blogger Elise said...

I can't help but smile when I see your dad playing with Caleb. Those two just have way too much fun together...I love it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home