The Pursuit of a Life of Praise

In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth, humility and righteousness; let your right hand display awesome deeds. Let your sharp arrows pierce the hearts of the king's enemies; let the nations fall beneath your feet. Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. ~ Psa 45:4-7

12.01.2005

Speak it BOLDLY!


Just yesterday at youth service we sang a song about the “Arms of Love” that God holds us in and I was, once again, in amazement. Just this week, my son got sick and he wanted nothing else but to be wrapped up in my lap snuggling as close to me as possible underneath a blanket. He kept asking me to lay down with him. Do you know what that’s like? I don’t think that you can even begin to imagine how incredible that feels as a parent to take care of your child! Do you understand the opposite perspective as well? When you aren't feeling well, isn't it in you to want to be taken care of? I know that still, at age 24, I can be having the worst day ever and my mom will randomly call and all of a sudden the floodgates open and I can't contain my tears! I have a friend, who shall remain nameless but you know who you are, and she's pitiful! She just recently had to go like 2 days without her mom and this would have been just fine, except she got sick while her mom was away and it was like her mom abandoned her and walked off the face of the earth! That longing to be the care giver, to be wanted, to be needed is God! The Bible tells us that God is a jealous god and longs for our affections and to be loved! He loves when we need Him and longs to wrap His arms around us. Likewise, we are in desperate need of Him. There is no solace like our God! There is no comfort like our God! He is the healer, he is the ultimate caregiver and He waits with His arms open wide! Then, on top of this whole revelation, Nick sticks it to us right in the gut! Boy, he preached it up! He did awesome! I was waiting for the people around me to be like, "Yeah, Jen, this is good. We are trying to listen, but you keep yelling at how right he is and it's really distracting!" So, if you are one of those people, but had manners enough not to say that to me (or under your breath) then I truely apologize and ask for your forgiveness. I'll buy you the CD! I'll get my own copy then too! Awesome job Nick!

1 Comments:

At 12:09 AM, Blogger cs said...

Yeah, Jen, that is amazing! How often do we turn to people besides God for comfort and love when we have all we need right in Christ...

"The Lord is my shephard
I shall not want.
He makes me lie down in green
pastures;
He leads me beside quiet waters.
He restores my soul;
He guides me in the paths of
righteousness
For His name's sake."
Psalm 23:1-3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home