The Pursuit of a Life of Praise

In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth, humility and righteousness; let your right hand display awesome deeds. Let your sharp arrows pierce the hearts of the king's enemies; let the nations fall beneath your feet. Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. ~ Psa 45:4-7

12.13.2005

Now stretch 1, 2, 3, 4 . . .

Well, God is working! Oh boy, is God working! Way back in October (gosh I can’t believe that it’s been that long) I made a commitment. It includes a lot of things, for instance, I have committed to looking to only my Jesus for everything, and I mean everything. Phil. 4:19 says, “And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” Isa. 58:11 says, “. . . He will satisfy your needs . . .” Therefore, I committed to living my life as though I believe with everything I am, think, do, and face that my Jesus is all I need and in Him my soul alone is satisfied! This commitment also includes things like deepening my understanding and love for God’s word, honing God’s voice and whispers in my life, building a stronger prayer life, and setting time aside for me too. I wanted to get healthy in mind, spirit, and body! I wanted to be able to prioritize my life and everything in it, instead of the other way around. I wanted to be able to read books that have been sitting on my shelf for years. I wanted to be able to go to bed early. I wanted to concentrate on my relationships with my family and friends. So, of course, this means – NO DATING! And it’s been hard, really hard, really really hard because God is definitely giving me just want I asked for. This past week alone I got into a huge-amongous fight with my dearest friends, found out that I lost my job right before Christmas, parenting at this stage of my son’s life couldn’t be more difficult, and I got a really stupid infection in my salivary glands and I wasn’t able to eat any real food for over 4 days! (Who gets infections in their salivary glands anyway? I mean, seriously, how random is that?) But, what has been ringing very clearly in my mind lately is that HARD IS GOOD! The book of James is incredible to read when you are going through a week like I had. Specifically it says, “Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. . . The brother in humble circumstances ought to take pride in his high position . . . Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.” And it goes on and on, it’s probably my favorite book of the Bible. So, in the mean time of all this amazingly stretching time, I am looking to God for His tremendous direction and asking my dear friends in Christ to pray for me. I already have seen God’s work in progress. Last night I updated my resume and sent it out to one job posting. This morning, only hours later, I receive 2 phone calls asking about the resume and wanting more information about me and what I am looking for in a new job. God’s gonna open doors like crazy in my life and I am believing him for it. My trust is in you, oh Lord!
Psalm 37:1 – 7
“Do not fret because of evil mean or be envious of those who do wrong; for like the grass they will soon wither, like green plants they will soon die away. Trust in the Lord and do good; dwell in the land and enjoy safe pasture. Delight yourself in the Lord and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the Lord and wait patiently for him; Do not fret when men succeed in their ways, when they carry out their wicked schemes.
Isaiah 41: 9 – 13
“You are my servant; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. All who rage against you will surely be ashamed and disgraced; those who oppose you will be as nothing and perish. Though you search for your enemies, you will not find them. Those who wage war against you will be as nothing at all. For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you.”








3 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen,

I am so proud of you, Dear! WITH GROWTH COMES GROWING PAINS... so that is defintely evidence that you are in a current stage of GROWTH. Praise God for the valleys that lead us to the mountain top - Because of that we rejoice in "both!"

Rejoicing with you in FAITH,
G

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Thanks for your awesome encouragement! It feeds me everyday! I love, love, love you!

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger Elise said...

Jen~
Look how far you've come already. It doesn't seem like it's been that long, but if you think about it, you really are a different person than you were even a month ago. I am so proud of you as well! It's been hard, but God is already pouring out His blessings on you. Keep trusting in Him with everything you have and He's going to give you as much as you can possibly handle. Continue to run the race with perseverance. Stay focused on the end and don't ever look back. Never settle for less than incredible because God has amazing plans for you. I'm so excited to be a part of this with you and I can't wait to see the end result!
~Elise

 

Post a Comment

<< Home