The Pursuit of a Life of Praise

In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth, humility and righteousness; let your right hand display awesome deeds. Let your sharp arrows pierce the hearts of the king's enemies; let the nations fall beneath your feet. Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. ~ Psa 45:4-7

12.01.2005

Leesie!


This is my dear, dear, dearest sister in Christ! Our story is straight from the plan book of God!
We first met in Nov '04 at Casa Gallardo. I was working and her family came in! They were such a blessing to me! But, oddly God put such a craving in my spirit for a friendship with this total stranger! It was the weirdest thing, but I was so sad that she had to leave. Well, Jesus totally had his hand on our lives and our paths crossing again and they came back to visit me in Jan. This time they brought news, "Guess where we've been the past 2 Sundays?" I was amazed and it really smacked me in the face just how incredible witnessing can be. The Mullins Family had been in love with Jesus for some time, but needed a fresh beginning at a new church. I was thrilled! I probably looked like such an idiot with such wonder on my face. Anyway, Elise jumped right in the group and got her hands dirty in the VARSITY ministry. I am blessed to work with her. Not only is she ridiculously good-looking, but she is an amazing source of blessing to me! She is selfless and humble. She is full of grace and innocence! What I love most about her is that she is real! You get the real deal with her. You don't have to pretend to be something that you aren't when you are with Elise. She is so amazingly fun to hang out with and I love that I get to be a total dork with her! I tell her all the time, "I love being able to "dork-out with you!" She laughs at me, but that's okay - we laugh together! She's my girl!

2 Comments:

At 8:59 PM, Blogger Elise said...

Jen~
I am so grateful for our friendship. Gosh, I never thought I could be blessed with a best friend as incredible as you! The moment I met you, I could already see how amazing you were. It was obvious how much you loved God and that He was the most important thing in the entire world. I can't believe it's only been about a year.
You've done so much for me. You've spoken into my life, prayed for me, and encouraged me beyond what I thought was possible. The way you live your life is something I can model mine after. And on top of that, you're just beautiful and the greatest to hang out with.
Just so you know, you're going to be stuck with me for awhile (maybe forever) because I don't think I could ever let you go, unless God has a different plan. But, He's reminded me time and time again that the uniqueness of the beginning of our friendship was purely Him! He brought us together for a reason and I'm so glad He did! I love you like no other!
Elise

 
At 1:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen,

Your blog site is a perfect example of your "all or nothingness!" Too funny.
G love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home