The Pursuit of a Life of Praise

In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth, humility and righteousness; let your right hand display awesome deeds. Let your sharp arrows pierce the hearts of the king's enemies; let the nations fall beneath your feet. Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. ~ Psa 45:4-7

12.26.2005

Merry CHRISTmas!

Last night was a late one. I had a Christmas party last night! Way fun! The guest list included Gina Crawford, Elise Mullins, Chad Trost, Jessica Wade, Chris Moss, Josiah Serra, Jamie Brown, Katie and Josh Russell, and (of course, is there a party without the infamous) Paul Taylor! If you didn't come - you missed out, God bless you next time! There was too much food, plenty of coffee, amazing fellowship, and enough blankets to go around (without sharing between the opposite sexes)! We watched Elf, played Mad Gab, had too much caffeine, and I think that everyone at least tried the elliptical machine once. But, I do have to say that the best part was the hours of Jesus conversation and fellowship until 5 a.m.! Goodness, talking about Jesus and listening to the marvelous deeds and overwhelming faithfulness of our Creator God is the most awe-inspiring (maybe Josiah will give me at least a $50 for that one, whatta say?) and spiritually invigorating (at least $100 for that one) method that I am aware of. I learned more from and of my brothers and sisters last night then in almost 4 years of attending SCCC. I realized how there is so much unbelievable power in that of sharing your testimony and just how essential it is between believers. However, thankfully, we were able to share within the safest confidence and within the correct context. Recently, I have had several conversations about “spiritual prostitution” in that some people have a hard time understanding how to guard the “fountain” of our spiritual lives and our Godly revelations, referring to Proverbs 5:15 – 18. God has shown me (kicking and screaming, might I add) about sharing too much and given me a great example (from my own life) about the proper and Godly circumstances and situations in which to share His glory with others. Psalms 34 says this, “I will extol the LORD at all times; (when . . . all the time) His praise will always be on my lips. (when . . . all the time) My soul will boast in the LORD; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.” The gospel of Matthew speaks about believers shining the light of Christ before men, “ . . . that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in Heaven.” It is GOOD to share the faithfulness of the LORD! It is wonderful and pleases our LORD to boldly proclaim what He has done and to speak of His righteousness. However, I find that the benefit starts to run out when we cross over the boundaries that God has set before us. I have found in my own life that there are specific people in whom to share about how God is speaking with me and how God is molding and sharpening me. I thank God for my accountability everyday!
Anyways, so, I also learned lots about the phenomenal men that are a part of my circle of friends. Gina and I were commenting on just how revitalizing ($100) it was to be able to not only appreciate the God centered manly roles of our friends, but to be appreciated in the same respect and roles as women. There was a major peace and understanding over the night about who God has called us to be and how He operates within each of our gender roles. God anointed our time last night and I am grateful for God’s handiwork in these people lives. You all blessed me, dearly, with your presence and hearts last night and truly Jesus was the spotlight of Christmas
!

Oh, and by the way, Caleb and I took a 2 hour, much needed, nap after the 4 hours of sleep I got, but I still hear that pillow and that huge swaddling blue comforter callin' my name . . . (Jen, oh, Jen! It's getting purdy late and I'm lookin' mighty invitin'!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home