The Pursuit of a Life of Praise

In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth, humility and righteousness; let your right hand display awesome deeds. Let your sharp arrows pierce the hearts of the king's enemies; let the nations fall beneath your feet. Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. ~ Psa 45:4-7

12.19.2007

YAY Praise Report!

Praise Jesus Christ! God is awesome! Well, all the time, but specifically, I have a reason for such praise...my husband got a job! This was such a cool story. Ok, so, Chad's in flight school and he quit his job in February/March so that he could go to flight school full time. When we met with the school orginally, they told us that it was feasable to expect that Chad would be done in 9 months if he didn't have a job. What they forget to mention was also, if he didn't have a wife or a child, or go to church, and if he lived at school and always had the perfect weather to be able to fly every second as well.

So, we're in month 8 of flight school and we're definatley not seeing that 9 month prophacy come to pass. Since we planned for this, financially, we've realized that we need to look for a job. Chad has had like 4 interviews and put in like a million applications for a part time position since the beginning of November, even ridiculous things like the gas station up the street....we were desperate for anything! He got the run around from lots of places that said, "Everything looks great! We'll call you tomorrow and let you know!" (with no call ever....What happened to integrity?!)

Anyway, all that to say that he's been talking with the owner of his school, Irv, for a couple of weeks now about working at his RV storage place. Irv kept saying, "Call me and we'll schedule something for you to come in and talk." Well, after phone tag and Irv's goose hunting, Chad finally went in on Monday to see what could be set up. Pretty soon, Chad's shoveling snow and getting a schedule for the rest of the week! Isn't that awesome?! Praise God!

Yesterday was his second day and he came home so happy. I could just tell that he was tired and worn out, but he felt accomplished in it. It was good! He went right to sleep almost as soon as his head hit the pillow. And he tried to even use the excuse for not doing the dishes! (It didn't work, by the way ;-)

This morning I took a call on the prayer line for a woman with a job need. She explained how she had tried and tried to get a job at a temp agency and never receieved anything, with anger in her voice. I tried to encourage her with, "Well, that must mean that God has something else for you."

She didn't want to believe that and responded, "No He doesn't! I needed those jobs!" Of course I knew that this wasn't true and began to pray for the words to speak. The Holy Spirit began to move and she said, "I'm sorry. I guess He does, I just really need a job now."

I began to pray for her and I know that God heard it and will meet her and exceed all of her expectations, if not for her benefit, but to prove Himself "faithful even when we are faithless bc He can not deny Himself!" (2Tim. 2:13) I could feel this woman's pain, discouragement, and hopelessness and I knew that God was touching me through all that too. The lesson ended up being more for me than her, I imagine.

God, THANK YOU! Thank you for your faithfulness. Thank you that you meet my needs according to your glorious riches, perfect timing, and perfect ways. You are more than I can think, ask, or imagine. I am sorry if I doubted any of your ways. I am sorry if I doubted your perfect love. I am sorry if I didn't believe that you were working for my benefit. Thank you for your forgiveness, mercy, and endless love! Thank you for Chad's job and I ask that you bless it. I pray that you cover him and allow his giftings, talents, and abilites to shine for your glory! We love you Lord and give you all the glory and praise! Amen.

1 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Praise God, Jen!!
He is so good to us!!
Continuing to pray for you folks!
-Steve

 

Post a Comment

<< Home