The Pursuit of a Life of Praise

In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth, humility and righteousness; let your right hand display awesome deeds. Let your sharp arrows pierce the hearts of the king's enemies; let the nations fall beneath your feet. Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. ~ Psa 45:4-7

7.10.2006

Girl Night!

Yesterday, the UPPER ROOM planned a GUY/GIRL Night. This doesn't mean that the guys and girls couple up and hang out! In fact, it means the very opposite. We all met at the church and then broke off into two separate groups. The ladies went over to Mandi Gummel's house to swim and the guys went over to the Cocos' to play paint ball. We had such a great time! When I was not a Christian, "girl time" was not always fun. It was full of back-stabbing, gossip, popularity contests, constant comparison of bodies, clothes, hair & make up, who's dating who talk, and the ever present struggle of "who's your BEST friend?" It was like stepping into a war zone every time there was a slumber party, when you were young enough to have slumber parties. Then, when you got older, like high school - it was even worse! Girls were down right EVIL! I won't even go into the horror stories of it all.

Anyway, so I was just lounging by the pool, talking with Jamie Brown (Ladies and Gentlemen - Jamie Brown! Clap, clap, clap . . . applause, applause, applause!), looking at all my little sisters in the pool, doing hand-stands, racing across the pool, making George Washington hair-dos, and giggling and laughing like 5-year-olds! I was so joyful about this season of the Upper Room. Then of course, that got me totally excited about the new youth pastor (God speed that time) and the NEXT season that God's going to bring us through and I was filled! It's just so awesome now and then it's going to just get more awesome, so I started freakin' out wanting to do the "sk, sk, sk, sk" sound and move my fingers in joyful anticipation. (SOME OF YOU WILL NOT UNDERSTAND THAT SENTENCE, AND THAT'S OK. SOME OF YOU DO, AND THAT'S FUN TOO! Either way, it's a good thing! My girls get me, right ladies?!)

Ladies, I love you! I think you're amazing and I am so glad to know you all! You bless my heart and give me encouragement to be a better example for you always. I hope that I have the opportunity to teach you all as much as you teach me everytime that I get to be with you all! I love you so much and I love the way that you love each other!

1 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Blogger Jen said...

That's ok, you're a boy, so you won't get it all, but thanks for reading it anyway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home