The Pursuit of a Life of Praise

In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth, humility and righteousness; let your right hand display awesome deeds. Let your sharp arrows pierce the hearts of the king's enemies; let the nations fall beneath your feet. Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. ~ Psa 45:4-7

7.05.2006

METAMORPHOSIS

"Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."

You have waited long enough to hear about camp . . . I apologize for that . . . I've been busy, but more on that soon . . . Anyway, CAMP WAS AMAZING! Not only was it soooo fun, but God moved in a mighty and fierce way.

This year camp was held at Lake Williamson in Carlinville, IL. For the past 2 years before, we've had camp at Taylor U. in Upland, IN. So, from the very get-go, camp was set apart to be completely different. Monday we arrived and that evening service exploded and set the tone for the rest of the week! Worship was powerful and the Spirit was free to move and got to work immediately setting inhibitions aside. Tuesday and Wednesday followed with the same rushing wind. Prayer and fellowship only dug the roots deeper as youth sought after more of the Savior.

Thursday . . . AWESOME! Thursday was my personal "break free" day. Camp was alot of work. Emails, phone calls, messages, paper work, meetings, details, etc . . . it wore me thin. Working away had me in a place were things were getting done, but not in my heart. Rest is what the heart needs, not work! Thursday I felt my God whispering, "Come away with me Daughter! Let's dance . . . let's play . . . come drink from my quiet pools. I know that you are thirsty and I want to be that rest that your soul is longing for. Put it all down and come be with me awhile." And I did . . . Sarah sang the words of my Father's heart and it was beautiful:

  • You dance over me
  • While I am unaware
  • You sing all around
  • But I never hear the sound

  • Lord I’m amazed by You
  • Lord I’m amazed by You
  • Lord I’m amazed by You
  • How You love me

  • How wide
  • How deep
  • How great
  • Is Your love for me

God was so faithful to answer our prayers above and beyond every expectation that anyone had for camp and I am so grateful. I still have girls coming up to me talking about their lives since camp. Truly it was a great example of 2Cor. 5:17 - "Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!"

THANK YOU JESUS! Lord, I am so amazed by your power, by your faithfulness, by your sovereignty . . . by you. Thank you for all that I was able to witness and be a part of with YouthIMPACT and I can only be in wonder that you would have allowed me to be of any service to you through it. Thank you for allowing me to serve you, God. Please give me more oppurtunities to bless your name and to serve your people. I love you Lord and I know that you love us. Thank you for being the strength and unity for us to see you work through this transition and through the trials. Please, Father, send us a youth pastor and please help us through that time as well. Your faithfulness has me assured that you have someone incredible lined up for us and that you are divinely working for the good of those who are called according to your plan for the UR. Thank you for that trust that I have in you Father. The glory is yours and yours alone and we long to bring you more and to always bring it to you fresh and in abundance. Please accept the work of our hands as a pleasing and sweet offering unto you. You are amazing and worthy, Daddy!

2 Comments:

At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was singing that song the other day... MAN it's a good one!

Miss you sweet friend.

A lot...


A whole lot...

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I miss you too, Beauty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home