The Pursuit of a Life of Praise

In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth, humility and righteousness; let your right hand display awesome deeds. Let your sharp arrows pierce the hearts of the king's enemies; let the nations fall beneath your feet. Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. ~ Psa 45:4-7

5.15.2006

MOTHER'S DAY!

I had the bestest mother's day ever! God is so awesome to give me such a wonderful day! This is how it went . . . It really started out as a phenomonal Mother's Day the night before. I had to work a double at work and it was quite hard. I was so tired and just worn out. I physically was tired. Not to the point that I was going to crash on the way home from falling asleep at the wheel, but like running all over the restaraunt and serving every person's whim was not as joyful as it usually is, in fact it was becoming quite like work! So, as I am getting checked out to leave, right behind me comes my brother, Chad with a tender and charming smile. I buried my head in his chest as we hugged and found such a release of the work day. Then, not 5 minutes later, my sister shows up! Elise just comes walking up to me ready, willing, and able to take the weight of my tackling hug, as well as the rest of the work day that I couldn't give to Chad! We had dinner and talked about our days and Jesus was so good to us! Then, it gets even better . . . I head to Gina's house to spend the night and she's there waiting to give me my Mother's day presents! After I took my shower, I just sat there for like 15 minutes just soaking up the day and how Jesus brought me through just as He always does, then pours out amazing blessings like my friends and my beautiful son! I just sat in wonderment of His splendor and how much He loves me - I was overwhelmed! So, Gina gave me my presents catered specifically for my longing heart and encouraged my weary soul and then we had a girly sleep over. Thank you Lord for my friend and sister!

So, then we slept and I got up at 6:30am to a tired monkey asking to sleep with me. I thanked God that He gave me such responsibility and fell back asleep with my precious son in my arms. There is nothing like kissing a sleepy child's cheeks! Caleb later that morning gave me the best card ever! Here's a pic of it . . .


I love it! Caleb drew the whole front all by himself, that's a big deal for a 4 year old! (Thank you Gina for spending that time with Caleb to help him make me that card.) By the way, the "Josh" in the picture is Josh Kluge with big muscles. Caleb loves that kid . . . who can blame him?!

Anyway, we went to church later and Pastor Shawn had such a great message and an announcement that HE'S GETTING MARRIED ! God bless their marriage! At church I loved hearing all morning, "Happy Mother's Day!" It was such a blessing! My friends also gathered around me to pray and anoint me as a mommy, so it's not like it could have been better!

After church, I went to the Old Navy and bought a new zip-up thing and then headed to lunch with my family, my brother Travis, my sister Nicole and her boyfriend, Spencer, and Caleb. It was fun and so good to see them. Our time is so short but I am so thankful when we do get together. Caleb adores all of them, so it's such a blessing to get to spend time with them.

After lunch, Caleb and I headed home. I haven't seen my dad since tuesday of last week, and he had just gotten home from a business trip, so it was so good to hug him! I missed him so much! Well, after that I went to the Border's and the park with Chad. Great coffee, great company, and great conversation, a great untypical date! Who knew that John Deere tractors could become a topic of conversation?! Here's the best part about the day is that - Jesus is King!

Father God, thank you so much for such an incredible day! Thank you for giving me the oppurtunity to be a mother and most importantly your daughter. I pray your abundant blessings over the mothers and grandmothers in my life and ask that you protect them always. Please continue to teach them and me about what it really means to be a parent and show us how we can all be more like you, the PERFECT FATHER! This day was ordained by you and you are so amazing to bless me with it! I love you Father and I long for more and more of you. Thank you for never running dry, never witholding from me, and always seeking out more intimacy with me. Jesus, I am yours, take all of me! Amen.

3 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Happy Mother's Day, My Dear Sister.

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Elise said...

Sounds like a pretty stinkin' good day! ;)

 
At 9:54 AM, Blogger Jen said...

IT WAS THE BESTEST MOM'S DAY EVER! And that one really is an ever! Thank you both. So much love . . . Jesus is good!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home