The Pursuit of a Life of Praise

In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth, humility and righteousness; let your right hand display awesome deeds. Let your sharp arrows pierce the hearts of the king's enemies; let the nations fall beneath your feet. Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. ~ Psa 45:4-7

2.08.2006

AHHH!

  • Has anyone ever said to you, "You are such a breath of fresh air!" That's quite a compliment! I seem to be at a constant place of breathing fresh air from the people around me. I was just talking last night to Elise and I said that I always wanted to be one of those people always talking Jesus, ready to pray and equipped with the faith and boldness to pray for any situation, right there no matter if that person thought that I was crazy, and someone who was constantly speaking loving, encouraging words. I am far from it, but that is the goal - more like Jesus! Now, I can't think of anything else that I'd rather talk about! God is so alive and so real! His voice is so audible and clear. I can not encourage anyone enough to run, and I mean, full speed-leopard lungs running towards our Creator. I find myself so full of giddy joy that I can not contain this totally dorky permanant grin. I find myself jumping (this is literal) telling people randomly "Jesus is the greatest!" It's uncontrollable! But, I am not worried, because not only do I hope that it never ends, but that it only gets worse! Plus, my family is doing the same thing! And in some instances, it has even resorted to complete nonsense communication because words are so inadequate for what you long to speak. Chad sometimes speaks in tongues to us (don't read into that anyone - don't get legalistic on me!) However, because Josiah seems to opperate on a complete different verbal plane than me, I sometimes think that he does too! Chad has been threatening physical harm to my face! Elise and I just scream, I find that works best! We are just trying to find a way to get what's inside out! I know that this doesn't make sense to all people, but if Jesus has put this kind of joy inside your soul, if He has given you new life by bringing a fresh breath into your soul, then you get it! Search for it, it's there! I have to go scream now, so God bless and keep praying always!


4 Comments:

At 6:36 AM, Blogger Steve said...

I know this may sound silly, but in Frank Peretti's books "This Present Darkness" and "Piercing the Darkness", there is a pastor who the demons fear because he is "the praying man", always with a prayer on his lips. It's because of him that the angels are first send by the Lord to the pastors town to combat the army of satan. Great books, by the way...
I have always wanted to be more like this character in the book. I know he's only fictional, but to be able to pray to God so much that the enemy would call me "the paying man". What joy that would bring to my heart. I have a long way to go, but it's good to have goals.
Keep praising God and keep praying.

 
At 8:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When the Holy Spirit comes upon you and the Power of the Almighty literaly overshadows you then words are undone, love is born, hope is solidified, the sick are healed, the lame walk, the blind see,cold hearted people are set on fire, and , and , and... sorry I lost it there for a minute. To bad it was only a minute. Jen you inspire and love me into the faith it takes to inspire and love others to surrender it all to Him. Never doubt your ministry or worth.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Josiah, for the first time in my life, I can say with full assurance that my eyes are open to the lies of the Devil and his tricks of doubt and fear. I had some family help me to realize that! Thank you Jesus! I feel like for the first time, I'm even clean of the residue of the miry clay and literally walking in freedom. My heart is set free by the loving power of Christ! Thank you Jesus! And all this through complete sweet surrender - you are so right, my brother, miracles are happening right before our eyes! Inspiration for inspiration, my brother...you take, I give, you give, I take! It's all a part of the family! Once again, and it could never be said enough - Thank you Jesus!

 
At 4:14 PM, Blogger Elise said...

Even just reading this again resparks the fire in my heart after a long and tiring day. I am eagerly anticipating prayer tonight as well as every minute I get to spend with my family in the presence of our Lord! Just seeing you encourages me to go beyond who I am now and find those characteristics of God that you possess. AAAHHH!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home