The Pursuit of a Life of Praise

In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth, humility and righteousness; let your right hand display awesome deeds. Let your sharp arrows pierce the hearts of the king's enemies; let the nations fall beneath your feet. Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. ~ Psa 45:4-7

2.01.2006

such a weird power . . .

  • Isn't it funny the power that email has over you? This was quite a revelation to me the other day. I went to this new job Wednesday and all day I was checking my email thinking, "Surely someone emailed me today! I mean, they all know that I started this job and they want to tell me how awesome it's going to be, right?!" Check the email - no new messages! What is this? Agh! Does your stomach sink everytime that you go online anticipating a little love note and you get the most disappointing feeling instead when you realize that you have no new messages? Am I the only one that this happens to?

  • The text messages are even worse. I recently added text messaging to my phone plan and this opened a whole new world to me, I kid you not! Texting someone just a quick little, "Hello, I'm thinking about you today!" message or "OMG, God is totally awesome! Look what He revealed to me just now while I was praying . . . ," or "God laid this scripture on my heart for you . . . " and creating a little mini-bible study admist that persons busy day! This is food for my spirit, I love it! But, the ridiculous little series of rings that I recieve when my phone notifies me of a new message of my very own - AHHHHGGG! It's too much to put into words or this blog. It's so powerful! Why is that?

  • Does the love of my friends and family shine through the email or phone system? I sure hope not! Father, help me! This is such a weird power. I can't wait to go to Heaven, where the things of this world will have no power over me and the only care I will have will be that of my freedom giving Creator!

4 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Just hit the email send button. Sorry for the delay. Praying for you and Caleb.
God Bless you both.

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Jen said...

No apology neccessary! I just hit the respond button . . .

 
At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not sure what you mean by

"Does the love of my friends and family shine through the email or phone system? I sure hope not!"

maybe i'm reading it out of context. i tend to take things literally.

i don't believe email and text messages have any intrinsically good or evil properties. they are just means of communication. a person can communicate life or death through these means.

but after reading through your post again, i think i get what you're saying about emails having a certain power. i check my email quite frequently; maybe 10 times a day. it's pretty unnecessary, you could say it's a habit.

enough blabbering on my part. you can tell me to leave or quit posting if it's bothersome.

but i did want to say "i found you guys" and a "hello" to you (jen) and the others in this sccc blogging network (paul, josiah, chad, katie, eliese [sp?]).

you may hear from me again. but don't expect a profile or anything anytime soon. i tend to be paranoid about posting a lot of personal information on the internet.

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Toby! What up my dear Brother!? How awesome for you to come visit my blogspot and comment moreover! Please feel free to visit whenever possible and comment OFTEN! I love reading responses! Why else would I have this blogspot?

Anyway, your second read through is a more accurate description of what I was trying to say. Specifically, I was talking about how I had just started a new job and that no one seemed to notice, so I was bummed out and as I started to think about it, my thoughts ran with me. For example, I started thinkin' "Ya know, my friends NEVER email me. They don't even care that I started this new job or that I even live . . . " I'm sure that you know how that mind game keeps going. So, that's what I was trying to talk about. I will try to more clearly convey my thoughts.

So, anyway, I said all that to say, please read and post a comment again and thank you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home