The Pursuit of a Life of Praise

In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth, humility and righteousness; let your right hand display awesome deeds. Let your sharp arrows pierce the hearts of the king's enemies; let the nations fall beneath your feet. Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. ~ Psa 45:4-7

2.06.2006

quote of the day . . .

  • There have been so many quotes this past weekend. It seemed like anything that came out of my friends mouths was completely encouraging or hilarious. I know that you all don't get all of these quotes, but to those that do, please remember our family and pray for each other! I love you all and you all inspire me to be better, serve more, and love greater in the Lord!

  • Todays quote of the day is a tribute to Matt Maddox, an up and running with full force Holy Spirit vessel! Keep in mind that we were talking in reference to the Word of God and how it feeds our souls. Fuse (our College and Career Ministry) hosted a Super Bowl pary yesterday and there were a couple of us who hated the whole idea of the Super Bowl, but loved the idea of fellowshipping. We rebuked the Devil and his commercials and his television and instead talked about how much prayer has changed our lives, how much we love the Creator and the family of believers that He has given us, and read the Word outloud during the commercials! (We even read from Song of Songs to provide a more startling announcement . . . all of us singles had to stop shortly after and thank God for the plan He has for us in His perfect timing!) It was a great time after we started talking about God and eating strawberries, but getting full of the Bread!

  • ~ "I eat breakfast every morning!"

7 Comments:

At 3:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you don't get branded as a Jesus freak now you never will. Something about that radiant smile and crazy eye tells me this is not upsetting news.

 
At 3:28 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Upsetting!? Not on my blogsite! Tearing the walls down to build one another up and spur one another on and my vulnerablities sake - heck yes! Jesus makes me smile!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Josiah! Insecurity check - I have a crazy eye?

 
At 7:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not going to honor that with an answer lady:)

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Steve said...

I see in your eye a love of the Lord. I told someone once that being called a "religious fanatic" is the biggest compliment I could ever get.
Jen, you are a religious fanatic. Congratulations!! You are in great company!!

 
At 11:42 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Paul! I saw that Jesus commercial and it was wonderful. But, I also saw alot of other crap! And saw two dear VARSITY guys get sucked into the lies of the Devil and his perversion through some of those crap commercials! Breaks my heart!

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Jesus_is_Lord - I consider it pure joy that you and Josiah would say such endearing things! I'm a Jesus Freak to the core! God bless, thank you Jesus! I AM IN GREAT COMPANY!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home