The Pursuit of a Life of Praise

In your majesty ride forth victoriously in behalf of truth, humility and righteousness; let your right hand display awesome deeds. Let your sharp arrows pierce the hearts of the king's enemies; let the nations fall beneath your feet. Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever; a scepter of justice will be the scepter of your kingdom. You love righteousness and hate wickedness; therefore God, your God, has set you above your companions by anointing you with the oil of joy. ~ Psa 45:4-7

9.27.2006

...random...

Ya know, I just FREAKIN' love VARSITY! I just do! They are incredible. I love just being in the same room with them. I love just watching them interact. I love listening to them. Not enough people listen to High Schoolers. Well, not enough people listen overall, but especially to the High School age teens. There really is no point to this post except to say that. I love them! Also, guys, get ready...VARSITY is moving onward and upward and we are about to see major changes in the coming months with our group. So, get on board and get involved even more because we want you all to have a hand in it. We need you guys and we want you guys...We'll talk more about it soon, but be prepared!

6 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This really sounds like the heart and thoughts of someone who has been praying for a certain group quite often. I love how the Holy Spirit uses prayer to incite us to new levels of love for His work in us. Talk about all sufficient (yes you can yell this part...)! Jen you always encourage and amaze me. Thank you for taking God seriously and not giving up until you have seen all of His love that you can. Varsity is a big fat pain in the devils neck. Long may it be so.

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Haha! AMEN! And you can yell that one too. That word often seems to fall out of my mouth after reading so many of your comments. That's a real good thing I think.

 
At 3:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen I am so excited about what is comming up for Varsity too! I am so blessed to have people my age that challenge me and encourage me at the same time! I am ready for this next step the youth group is taking and very glad that I get to be a big part of it!

 
At 3:55 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Lindsay! It wouldn't be complete without you. I'm totally thrilled at what God is already doing in your life and how much He truly wants to accomplish through you. All I can see when I look at you is endless potential and you are just scratching the surface with what you are getting involved in now. Thank you for yielding to Him and serving Him so diligently.

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You guys are the greatest! Such awesome young people that care and mentor to others. It's people like the leadership of the UR that makes us excited about what God is doing in our church.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Tom! Thank you so much. It's parents like you that encourage, lead, and teach your own kids that makes our ministry so effective. Without parents like you, we would be doing it all alone instead of helping what you are already teaching and living with them at home! Thanks for posting. Love you and Peggy so much!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home